‘Record’ anti-venom dose saves boy from deadly Australian spider


The deadly funnel-web spider is common around Sydney and is particularly feared because its bite can be fatal

A 10-year-old Australian boy has survived a bite from one of the world’s deadliest spiders after taking a record 12 vials of anti-venom, local media reported.

Matthew Mitchell was helping his dad clear out the back shed at their home north of Sydney when he was bitten on the finger by a funnel-web spider, that had been lurking in his shoe.

“It sort of clawed onto me and all the legs and everything crawled around my finger and I couldn’t get it off,” he told Friday’s Daily Telegraph.

His family used his shirt as a to try and slow the…



Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply