Moving office equipment is very different than moving a home – it’s often much more complicated and involves the transport of very expensive and sensitive apparatus. Such an undertaking should not be left to the average person, to the last minute, or without a thorough plan in place.
Below are some do’s and don’ts to moving office equipment:
· DO create a checklist to follow before, during, and after the moving process.
· DON’T wait until the last minute to create a checklist because something important will inevitably be overlooked.
· DO be prepared for mishaps; accidents happen and it’s best to have back-up plans in place.
· DON’T move the entire office in one day; if possible, move in stages starting with the furniture first, then the office equipment.
· DO communicate the move with enough advanced notice to employees, vendors, clients, the post office, building management, etc.
· DON’T hire the first office moving company you come across in the…