Since a Washington woman went public over tainted dog food, people online have insinuated she poisoned the dogs herself, or that she threw a big party and the dogs ate a bunch of cakes and lollipops.
WASHOUGAL — Nikki Mael, whose dogs were sickened — and one died — after eating Evanger’s Hunk of Beef dog food that contained pentobarbital, a drug used in euthanasia, said one reason she wanted to go public with her story was to get stricter regulations for pet food and make sure they’re enforced.
An online crowdfunding page was set up to help Mael pay for the medical bills. She set the goal at $5,800, which is what she was told the bills would cost. Evanger’s donated the full amount, and with the other donations, she raised a little less than $8,000.
The page was shut down after complaints online that Mael raised too much, and rumors spread about the death of Talula,…